Tips to Conquer the Stampede Breakfast Season
By INenergy | FITNESS | Fitness | FITNESS
Alright folks, it’s about that time of year again. Birds are chirping, sun is shining, and you have a hankerin’ for a whole mess of pancakes … drizzled with syrup and a side of bacon or some sausage links if you fancy!
That’s right; Calgary Stampede 2017 is here, and as a born and raised Calgarian myself, I’m not afraid to admit the very best part. It’s the ten days of what seems to be endless Stampede Pancake Breakfasts around the city. Most of them are FREE too… what a dangerous game!
But, just like any cohort mission, there are tactics and strategy and protocols you should follow in order to successfully accomplish this great endeavour. Whether you’re just out for a “treat meal” or you are part of a workplace pancake eating challenge, these pro tips will help you to conquer the mighty Stampede Breakfast.
- Do some recon – That’s right. A well planned trip around your ideal schedule and/or dietary concerns (yes there are gluten friendly and health-conscious options too!) will save you tons of time in line at hot spots and may even help you scout out where the best live entertainment is to accompany your morning feast. Heck, if you plan it right you can “Pancake Hop” around two or three separate events per day to tackle many more breakfasts with ease and efficiency. Set a timer, spend enough time to savour the flavours and jump to the next one. Boom. You’re welcome. Here’s the official 2017 Stampede Breakfast Guide to help you out with your strategy.
- Take friends! – If you have a tribe of Stampeders with you, regardless of their goals this will help. Why? Well first off it’s wicked fun, right? Secondly, your friends that are interested in bulking up will take care of the leftovers from those of you who might have enough sensibility to stop eating before you see the light… it’s win-win, right!?
- Want to enjoy a “treat meal” or two, but don’t want to go off the deep end? I got you! Here’s how to win – Science. It’s important to be mindful about your eating all the time if you’re watching your waistline. Up for the challenge? Two key habits: Eat slowly. Eat until you’re only 80% full. Why? Satiety again. By the time you feel 80% full, if you’ve eaten slowly you’ll feel satisfied. It’s super neat how that works, even while facing stacks of pancakes! Use your body to your advantage. Often times while coaching clients on their nutrition and behavioural goals, I find their biggest struggle is not actually taking the time to eat and only eat. It’s always on the run, generally with no concern to the process. Slow down and enjoy your pancake. I bet you’ll surprise yourself. And I call it “treat” not “cheat” because cheating would imply this is a test. What do people do on tests? Fail them. Your nutrition is not a test. Work away at it one step at a time and know that with 90% effort, you can expect 90% results. 12% effort… see what I mean? Eat what you want but understand the outcomes.
So, as you can see there are a lot of ways you can conquer the challenges of Stampede Breakfasts. Keep in mind as I mentioned earlier, there’s also gluten friendly and health conscious options out there for “all y’all” that want to have a guilt-free ten days… one in particular Tuesday, July 12 Amber Approved Stampede Breakfast seems like a good bet for most of you leaning that way.
In any case, know that it’s only ten days and you can choose to do what you like. Enjoy life, enjoy food and enjoy the greatest show on earth. Calgary Stampede 2017 doesn’t stand a chance on your Stampede Breakfast skills now.
What to learn more about how INLIV can support you with keeping healthy and fit during the summer (and amongst all the parties and plans)?
- For more exercise and nutrition tips and tricks, if you have questions regarding your fitness plan or you’d like to inquire about our studio or remote training services, please feel free to reach out to our fitness director, Ryan Hamilton, at email@example.com. Or you also browse through our fitness services online.
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.